You can search the OSU Library Catalog to see if we have a book available as either an ebook or as a print book.
Specific known titles:
- See our Ebook User Limit guide for details on searching for known items verifying user limits. Not all OSU Libraries' ebooks are unlimied users.
- If it is available as an unlimited user ebook, use the above linked document for information on how to share this information with your students.
- If you verify it is not unlimited, follow the steps in the linked document to see about getting access.
- If it is only available as a print book, we can place a print copy on course reserves. You are encouraged to follow up with your Subject Librarian about additional options.
- If you are not seeing a specific title, you can request that we place a print copy on course reserves and we will work to get the best option possible.
Finding what books are available via keyword searching:
- Follow the previous procedures, except you can do an Advanced Keyword Search - you can choose to limit to ebooks if you wish in the Material Type limit section.
- Follow the above steps for specific titles based upon what item types you find.
Finding items we do not have:
- Work with your Subject Librarian to identify books that may be available to OSU Libraries for which we do not currently have access.
- See the Open Educational Resources tab on the left for non-library content.
- Work with Affordable Learning Exchange on other options.