Addresses/Phone Numbers of Individuals/Organizations
Directories of music schools and music departments
- Directory of Music Faculties in Colleges and Universities, U.S. and Canada. Includes each institution's address and phone number, degrees offered, and a list of faculty members with their area(s) of specialty. E-mail addresses are also included for many schools. Arranged by state, indexed by faculty teaching area, faculty members' names, graduate degrees, and institution name.
- The Schirmer Guide to Schools of Music and Conservatories Throughout the World. 1988. Ref. ML12 U8 1988 c.2. Profiles each institution, giving information on contacts, academics, facilities, special programs, and finances. Includes indexes of programs of study and instruments taught. Arranged by state and country.
- Musical America International Directory of the Performing Arts. Ref. ML12 A1 M8. Includes listings for arts administration degree programs, music schools, and departments.
- National Association of Schools of Music Directory. ML27 U5 N1542. Issued annually. Lists member institutions, with addresses and degrees offered.
Directories of dance schools and dance departments
- Stern's Performing Arts Directory. Ref. GV1580 D1922. Includes listings for college and university programs, summer study, and schools and private studios.
- Dance Magazine. GV1580 A51. Each issue contains a Dance Directory. Ask for the latest issue at the circulation desk.
Directories of music and dance organizations, composers, performers, and performing groups
- WWW Sites of Interest to Musicologists (American Musicological Society)
- Musical America International Directory of the Performing Arts. Ref. ML12 A1 M8. Includes listings for managers, orchestras, opera companies, choral groups, dance companies, performance series, festivals, contests, foundations, awards, record companies, service and non-profit organizations, state arts agencies, music publishers, performing facilities, and music periodicals.
- Stern's Performing Arts Directory. Ref. GV1580 D1922. Lists dance companies (ballet, jazz, modern, liturgical, mime, and others), dance schools, choreographers, dance teachers, music ensembles (pop, jazz, ethnic, classical, early music) and orchestras, opera companies, composers, conductors, and many performing arts services and resources.
- Opera Companies of the World: 1992. Ref. ML12 O63 1992.
- International Who's Who in Music and Musicians' Directory. Ref. ML105 W6192.
- Who's Who in American Music: Classical Ref. ML106 U3 W6 1985.