6 January 2016
OSU Libraries' IT is working with OCIO on an upgrade to our network at our Data Center. Tomorrow (1/7) at 7:30 am all our local computing resources will be offline for less than 15 minutes. The work is scheduled to start at 7:30 am. This means the catalog will be down for this short time.
9 December 2015
Library Catalog to be down ~5-7 pm on Thurs., Dec. 17
The Library IT Division has scheduled an upgrade for Thursday, December 17 beginning at 5 p.m. This will require approximately two hours of downtime for the library catalog. We don’t expect the system to be down for more than two hours.
8 October 2015
Library Catalog to be down ~5 pm - 8pm on Thurs., Oct 15.
From OSU Libraries IT:
The Library IT department is planning to update the memory in the Sierra server on Thursday, October 15 beginning at 5 p.m. This will require approximately three hours of downtime for both Sierra and the library catalog. We chose that date because it occurs at the beginning of Fall Break when the number of people affected by the downtime will be diminished. By scheduling it in the evening, it is less likely that staff workflow will be disrupted. While we update the server, we don’t expect the system to be down for more than three hours, but we will send out an update should that time be extended for any reason.
2 Sept 2015 (1 pm) -- RESOLVED
Problems with OhioLINK's Electronic Journal Center
We are currently experiencing intermittent problems with access to articles stored on OhioLINK's EJC server. Workarounds:
1. Choose a different "Go to Article" button on the Find It page.
2. Go directly to the publisher's site and manually navigate to the article.
3. If there is only one "Go to Article" button on the Find It page and you are faced with the following error message, search for the article using the Search Box (circled in red below).
21 August 2015
From American Chemical Society:
Please be aware that pubs.acs.org will undergo maintenance from 6pm on Friday, August 21 with all applications expected to resume normal operation by 6 pm on Saturday, August 22.
This upgrade will impact applications that require a login or ACS ID, including the "Registration" and "MyAccount" functions. Log-in will be temporarily disabled for features including C&&EN Delivery, ChemWorx and Galleys. Individual users will not be able to log-in to access their subscribed content; purchase single articles; or change their e-Alert subscriptions.
We appreciate your patience as we make improvements to the ACS Publications platform.
RESOLVED, 10 August 2015
10 August 2015
Springer journals (and possibly books) are inaccessible from off campus. The problem has been reported.
27 July 2015
From Elsevier (re: 1 Aug 2015 outage)
Affects: ScienceDirect (Elsevier journals), Scopus, Reaxys, Mendeley, more
We would like to give you advance notice of an interruption of service for Elsevier platforms and solutions due to scheduled maintenance. On Saturday, August 1, access to Elsevier platforms will be unavailable due to a scheduled maintenance for approximately 4.5 hours starting at 06:00 PM EDT. Please check the World Clock Time Zone Converter to convert the time in your local time. The platforms and solutions involved are:
- Elsevier Research Platforms: ScienceDirect, Scopus (including Author Feedback Wizard), Engineering Village, Mendeley
- Research Intelligence: SciVal Funding
- R&D Solutions: Reaxys, Embase, Geofacets
Each platform will be displaying a warning to users of this scheduled downtime, and during downtime, there will be a message informing users of the temporary unavailability of service. To stay up to date with any developments follow the individual Twitter accounts for the products. Thank you for your patience as we strive to update our products.
Elsevier Customer Service Team
OhioLINK Data Center Move June 12, 2015
All OhioLINK hosted services will be down Friday, June 12, 6 p.m. – Saturday, June 13, 12 noon, while all OH-TECH organizations are moved to a new data center at the State of Ohio Computing Center. Affected services will include: the OhioLINK website, Central Catalog, EJC (electronic journals center), EBC (electronic books center), DRC (digital resources commons), ETD (electronic theses and dissertations).
What does this mean for OSU?
1. Most (but not all) OSU science and engineering content originates from OhioLINK subscriptions. These resources will not be available via the OhioLINK website, however, most OhioLINK subscribed content will continue to be available directly through vendors’ sites.
2. For on-campus access, direct access from publishers’ sites should function via IP recognition.
3. For off-campus access, direct access from publishers’ sites will require the use of the OSU proxy. For information on using the OSU proxy for off-campus access to publishers’ sites, see off-campus access.