27 July 2015
From Elsevier (re: 1 Aug 2015 outage)
Affects: ScienceDirect (Elsevier journals), Scopus, Reaxys, Mendeley, more
We would like to give you advance notice of an interruption of service for Elsevier platforms and solutions due to scheduled maintenance. On Saturday, August 1, access to Elsevier platforms will be unavailable due to a scheduled maintenance for approximately 4.5 hours starting at 06:00 PM EDT. Please check the World Clock Time Zone Converter to convert the time in your local time. The platforms and solutions involved are:
- Elsevier Research Platforms: ScienceDirect, Scopus (including Author Feedback Wizard), Engineering Village, Mendeley
- Research Intelligence: SciVal Funding
- R&D Solutions: Reaxys, Embase, Geofacets
Each platform will be displaying a warning to users of this scheduled downtime, and during downtime, there will be a message informing users of the temporary unavailability of service. To stay up to date with any developments follow the individual Twitter accounts for the products. Thank you for your patience as we strive to update our products.
Elsevier Customer Service Team
OhioLINK Data Center Move June 12, 2015
All OhioLINK hosted services will be down Friday, June 12, 6 p.m. – Saturday, June 13, 12 noon, while all OH-TECH organizations are moved to a new data center at the State of Ohio Computing Center. Affected services will include: the OhioLINK website, Central Catalog, EJC (electronic journals center), EBC (electronic books center), DRC (digital resources commons), ETD (electronic theses and dissertations).
What does this mean for OSU?
1. Most (but not all) OSU science and engineering content originates from OhioLINK subscriptions. These resources will not be available via the OhioLINK website, however, most OhioLINK subscribed content will continue to be available directly through vendors’ sites.
2. For on-campus access, direct access from publishers’ sites should function via IP recognition.
3. For off-campus access, direct access from publishers’ sites will require the use of the OSU proxy. For information on using the OSU proxy for off-campus access to publishers’ sites, see off-campus access.