- about the library link in Carmen
- that libraries are not as difficult and scary to navigate as they seem
- of all the interactive workshops and Research Coaching available through the libraries!
- which floors aren’t generally packed and are good locations to study at
- about the First Year Success Series (https://guides.osu.edu/fyss)
- the school of architecture: they have a ton of computers there and you can be pretty isolated
- go to other libraries, not just Thompson or 18th Avenue (locations and hours)
I wish someone had told me...
- Definitely organization. College brings about a lot of new and unfamiliar ideas, people, practices, and expectations. Something as simple as a guide to creating a planner could help students focus more on learning rather than getting oriented.
- How essential study groups are.
- Bonus answer from previous student: I found it very very helpful to have 2 planners one for what I have to do (plan in advance) and one for what I did (write down the past) this helped me to get a better gauge of my productivity and how long certain tasks took me so that I could plan accordingly and therefore decrease my stress and keep from overwhelming myself with an impossible to do list. I feel like everyone tells you how "alone" you are in college in terms of finding opportunities and studying, but I feel often overwhelmed with support and my email is filled with opportunities and it almost scares me how much there is to get involved in and to know, so I wish I had known sooner how to sift through an incalculable number of opportunities in order to find ones that I have a passion for and that I enjoy.
- I wish I knew about the importance of going to office hours.
- I wish someone had told me earlier that I could find syllabi for classes at https://syllabus.osu.edu/.
- I wish that someone had told me about the tutoring opportunities sooner.
Top services at OSU Libraries:
Article Express: library.osu.edu/ill/article-express
Checking out or renting an item: https://library.osu.edu/borrowing/checkout
Library locations and hours: https://library.osu.edu/locations
Subject guides: http://guides.osu.edu
Request a purchase: https://library.osu.edu/suggest-additions-to-the-collection
Reserve a group study room: https://library.osu.edu/group-study-rooms-for-ohio-state-students-faculty-and-staff
A+ Research Coaching offers help for students with writing and research assignments. Can’t find the information you need? Want to discuss with a fellow student how to organize and use what you’ve found? We can help you refine your thesis or research question, find and use sources, and much more. A+ Research Coaching provides one-on-one consultations to get you the help you need. You can schedule an appointment through OnCourse by visiting our website at go.osu.edu/aplus.