What is ORCID?
ORCID provides researchers with a unique identifier (an ORCID iD) plus a mechanism for linking their research outputs and activities to their ORCID iD.
ORCID is integrated into many systems used by publishers, funders, institutions, and other research-related services.
Watch the Why ORCID? video to learn more https://vimeo.com/237730655
Why should you register?
Your ORCID iD:
- distinguishes you and ensures your research outputs and activities are correctly attributed to you
- reliably and easily connects you with your contributions and affiliations
- reduces form-filling (enter data once, re-use it often)
- improves recognition and discoverability for you and your research outputs
- is interoperable (works with many institutions, funders, and publishers)
- is persistent (enduring)
It is also a requirement of many journal manuscript submission systems and grant application forms.
Learn more about ORCID at Welcome to ORCID https://orcid.org/content/help
Have you forgotten your ORCID iD password?
ORCID support can walk you through resetting your password.
Similarly, if you created your ORCID iD at a previous institution, find the steps for regaining access to your ORCID record.